What’s New with your Computer?
- It will have the latest version of Microsoft Office—Office 2007 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook). In Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, we have added a special tab from Microsoft along the top called “Get Started.” Click on that to find all sorts of great resources.
- For security’s sake, you will be a standard user. This means you may not be able to install some software in the way you are used to. If you need anything added to your computer, give us a call and we can help you out.
- Your initial login screen will be a little different. This is so we can take advantage of some networking changes later in the year. Your uniqname will stay the same and we will help make sure your password meets new security guidelines.
- It will be new and might take a little time to get used to.
What is the Same About your Computer?
- Your drive letters will stay the same.
- Any documents in the “My Documents” or on the Desktop of your computer will remain.
- Your bookmarks in Internet Explorer and/or Firefox will be moved over.
- All work-related software will be migrated and/or current versions will be installed on the updated machine.
- Any address books and type-ahead addresses in Outlook will be moved over.
Where to Turn for Help